Monday, February 4, 2013

It's my first time. Be Gentle

My apologies for my late post.  I've had a stressful week of deciding whether or not to attend school this semester after a slight issue with my tuition.  I made the decision to stick it out and it looks like I'm in 495ESM for the long haul.
But enough about that and more about me.  I'm an aspiring teacher currently in the corporate world.  I'm a perpetual student (not always by choice) with a secret passion for fixing copy machine paper jams.  I'm a returning CSUN student after a long but exciting break from college and a tour of several local community colleges.
I feel like media is a great tool for teaching!  As a college student I feel like I've benefited a great deal from You Tube a resource/mode of communication.  YouTube has really changed the way that we learn everything and anything from how to cut our own bangs to how to decipher Plato's Republic.
With the recent introduction of MOOCS "Massive Open Online Courses" multimedia has become invaluable to people around that world that wouldn't otherwise have access to American Ivy League courses.  While there is a certain down-side to technology and multimedia in the learning environment, the pros certainly outweigh the cons when you have engaged students and professors.

No comments:

Post a Comment