Monday, May 13, 2013

Final Reflection

As someone who attended high school a VERY long time ago, ENG 495 was defnitely enlightening.  I came from a generation of textbooks, multiple choice tests and the occasional movie on VHS that we would write an essay about.  Part of me resists the idea of incorporating technology in the classroom and view it as just another way to cater to an already entitled teenager.  But the realist in me recognizes that transparencies and overhead projectors are probably not going to cut it when trying to engage students and maintain their interest. 
After seeing all of my colleages' media presentations, I softened.  I actually envied the students that they will one day teach.  I mean, imagine being given the assignment of taking on the persona of a literary character and being given facebook time as homework?  WOW!  Or animating presentations for the classroom?  My high school mean girl competitive juices would be flowing for sure! 
I can only hope that by the time I am finally a teacher, powerpoint, facebook, pinterest, twtitter and all that other stuff are not seen as an old school ditto machine or overhead projector ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment